Le Diamant, accommodating up to 189 passengers, is one of the largest small ships we sailed on. Even so, it felt intimate, with comfortable cabins and a luxurious lounge.
Ports of call on our spectacular voyage to the Dalmatian Coast included:
Side trips to Zagreb in Croatia and Sarajevo and Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina were also included. The popular voyage incorporated a World Leaders Symposium with presentations from these distinguished and learned lecturers:
- Madeleine Albright, US Secretary of State from 1997 to 2001.
- William Perry, US Secretary of Defense from 1994 to 1997.
- Peter Galbraith, US ambassador to the Republic of Croatia from 1993 to 1998 (and principal architect of the 1995 Erdut Agreement that ended the war in Croatia).
- John Mroz, founder and president to the East/West Institute.
- Thorvald Stoltenberg, former Norwegian Minister of Defense and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Le Diamant has since been refitted with an ice-strengthened hull and now specializes in voyages to the Arctic and Antarctica. Renamed Ocean Diamond, she offers the first carbon neutral voyages in polar travel history.